Few things about me.


My name is Anna Marjay Tarr. I was born and raised in Monrovia Liberia. Liberia is a country located on the West Coast of Africa. I am the 3 of seven siblings, my childhood was not glamorous but it was very peaceful and exciting. Even though my parents did not have much to give us but they did their very best to provide us with the best life possible. My  siblings and I walked to school every day and literally nothing to eat. But I remember us being so happy with the with the little we had. 

When I was in the 11th grade the doors of traveling mercy was open upon our family and my sister and I was able to travel here in the United States. My sister and I live here with my aunty who happens to be my mom's elder sister. Transitioning to a whole new way of life has not been easy for the past 6 years but it has been worthy. What keeps me going is the fact that I know being here is for me own good. I started GGC one year plus ago, my major is Biochemistry because I want to become a pharmacist. When I'm not in school or at work, I love cooking, cleaning and listening to music. I also enjoy playing with my do Nala.


Comments

  1. Hi I am in the English class with you. There are many opportunities here, but it must be hard leaving your home and so many family members. I hope your life here gets easier, and that you and your sister can keep your family and your culture close to your hearts. I am also studying biochemistry maybe we will have classes together in person some day. I look forward to reading your future post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyuuu so much. Appreciate your kind words. That will be nice. All the best

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAND TRAVEL

History and Politics of Cuba